Re: Reserve space for specific thin logical volumes

Il 12-09-2017 00:56 matthew patton ha scritto:
with the obvious caveat that in ZFS the block layer and the file
layers are VERY tightly coupled. LVM and the block layer see
eye-to-eye but ext4 et. al. have absolutely (almost?) no clue what's
going on beneath it and thus LVM is making (false) guarantees that the
filesystem is relying upon to actually be true.

Sure, but in the previous examples, I did *not* use the ZFS filesystem part; rather, I used it as a logical volume manager to carve out block devices to be used by other, traditional filesystems.

The entire discussion stems from the idea to let thinp reserve some space to avoid a full pool, by denying new snapshot and volume creation when a free space threshold is crossed.

Thanks.

--
Danti Gionatan
Supporto Tecnico