Re: how to change UUID of PV of duplicate partition (followup)

Zdenek Kabelac schreef op 06-01-2017 21:06:

You can always 'fix it' you way.

Just setup device filter in lvm.conf so you either see diskA or diskB

In you particular  case:

 filter = [ "r|/dev/sdb4|" ]

or

 filter = [ "r|/dev/sdc4|" ]

And set/change things with your existing lvm2 version....

Oh right, thank you man. I was looking for that but barring an option available on pvchange or vgimportclone itself I just decided to go the easy package upgrade route with David's help or suggestion.

I knew that should have been possible, so thanks. I just hadn't gotten around to diving into the config file yet. Much appreciated.

Regards.