Re: Copying a raw disk image to LVM2

If you write from disk image to virtual LVM device, you will never overwrite LVM metadata. The most convenient way to copy VM image is using qemu-img, since it may not copy unallocated places of VM image, leaving it uninitialized in LVM, which is significantly faster.

I have been hunting for some time over the past couple of days, and find
several documentss that talk about converting from an LVM2 volume to a
raw disk image for Xen, but nothing about the reverse.

I have a VHD disk file that I would like to put on to an LVM2 volume,
like my other DomU guests.

I can see using dd, but am concerned about overwriting the LVM2 header.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Brian

Segmentation fault