Re: backup with snapshots - some principal questions

Dne 9.12.2015 v 18:52 Stefan Ring napsal(a):
On Mon, Dec 7, 2015 at 9:05 PM, Lentes, Bernd
<bernd.lentes@helmholtz-muenchen.de> wrote:
What does the message " ext3_orphan_cleanup: deleting unreferenced inode
xxxxxx" means ?
And it appears always when the script runs.

I'm not entirely sure, but I would guess that these are deleted files
that were kept alive by some process holding them open at the time the
snapshot was taken. Since this unreferenced space would be leaked in
the event of a system crash – and snapshotting behaves essentially
like a crash –, the log recovery routine cleans them up during mount.

Hi

When lvm2 creates a volume snapshot - it does 2 things during needed suspend,
it's using  'fsfreeze' and it's flushing all bio in process,
so it's not comparable with just a plain crash.

Zdenek