Re: lvcreate - device not cleared Aborting. Failed to wipe start of new LV.

Dne 23.6.2015 v 08:22 csanyipal@gmail.com napsal(a):
MegaBrutal <megabrutal@gmail.com> writes:

# lvcreate --verbose --size 10.10G -n var bubba
   DEGRADED MODE. Incomplete RAID LVs will be processed.

Hey, I just notice, your VG is in degraded mode. This is not a normal
condition and it can also cause unexpected things. Why is your VG
degraded? Does it have missing PVs?

# vgdisplay -vvv
  DEGRADED MODE. Incomplete RAID LVs will be processed.

Indeed.
I don't know why is mine VG degraded.
How can I know does it have missing PVs?
What can I do to fix this problem?

Hi

There is nothing to fix for a user in this case.

This message is only 'informational' - probably it could be formulated somehow differently and less 'stressful'

Also it's location is currently wrong, since it's the 'activation' could which could recognize this case - however proper fix is not so trivial and will take time.

So basically - this message tells you - that command operates in mode it will
process incomplete RAID LVs - and it likely should be printed only in case there IS some raid LV....

Regards

Zdenek