Re: LVM crashed, no superblock on dozens of LVs even after vgcfgrestore

Does the device actually exist here? I usually see these types of errors when there is something wrong with the PV. More information should be available via dmesg during activation.

    # lvchange -ay vgname/lvname
    # dmesg

As for the xfs file-system, i'd recommend reaching out to the xfs community if you believe your lvm stack is intact. Even if it's not, they may be able to provide some insight.

  Jack Waterworth, Red Hat Certified Architect
  OpenStack Technical Support North America
  Red Hat Global Support Services ( 1.888.467.3342 )