Re: Volume group inconsistent

Zdenek,

My multipath devices have an alias to plt-XX instead of the default name mpathXX.

I can create new volumes with lvcreate, but after 3 or 4 new volumes my VG pass to inconsistent status because 24 disks stay in missing status, I don't know why. Do you think that the lvm cannot write properly?

My disks are provided by IBM storage DS8000 but I don't have access the configuration. Those devices was working properly until last friday since august 2014.

When I restore my backup with vgcfgrestore, my VG return active without problem, then I believe I don't have problens with write properly. Do you have any idea or a test to do? I cannot shut off this VG now because it's active and used by virtual servers, I have a big problem now.

I created a new VG to create new volumes but I'd like fix this one.

Thanks