Re: thin pool and discards

Dne 9.10.2014 v 15:19 Vasiliy Tolstov napsal(a):
Thanks! Rhel kernel works fine for me. Does it possible to send needed
patches to stable for all other users ?=) As i see this commit does
not in 3.10 stable now.

AS i see i have another issue. I don't know how created some thinp
volumes, but on some of them i'm able to get back space after discard,
but on some not. How can i debug this ?

Please mention which kernel do you use - there have been patches
related to discard on thin volumes (pretty resent - kernel 3.14 I think).

If you use old stable 3.10 from vanilla kernel it simply cannot be compared with 3.10 RHEL kernel - they are very different (RHEL has ton of stuff backported even from the latest kernels)

So - please try first with upstream to see if you problem is not already fixed.

Zdenek