Re: lvm2 conf on boot disk

The rebuild of the ramdisk should use the 'mkinitrd' command:

    # mkinitrd /boot/initrd-<version>.img <version>

grub install would be either 'grub' or 'grub-install'.

    # grub-install /dev/sda

If you have an active Red Hat subscription both procedures should be documented on the customer portal.
  Jack Waterworth, RHCE
  Senior Technical Support Engineer
  Red Hat Global Support Services
  919.610.2024 -- jack@redhat.com