Re: /dev/mapper entries

On 05/13/2014 07:53 AM, Umar Draz wrote:
Hi All

I have 2 systems where I have shared SAN sotrage, I am using LVM without
cluster.

Hello Umar,
which version of lvm and what distribution? There is lvmetad in newer versions of LVM and you may need to rescan PVs (pvscan --cache $PV)

However using shared storage without cluster locking is nothing but asking for trouble...

It is advised to either partition the storage (set zones or whatever the SAN allows) or to set global_filter/filter on both machines so each of the machines sees only appropriate LUNs it is intended to see and use.

Regards,

-- Martian

If I create a logical volume on server1 and then on server2 (vgchange
--refresh or vgchange -a y) I can get that logical volume on server2 as
well.

The same thing I am using on volume deletion e.g.

If I remove volume from server1 its properly remove the volume and also all
of its entries, and then I refresh the volume group on server2 its also
refresh its self but a entry in /dev/mapper not removing

how to refresh this /dev/mapper/ on other server while deleting volumes

Br.

Umar