Re: pvs complains of missing PVs that are not missing

Le 09/10/2013 17:09, matthew patton a écrit :
clear LVM's cache (or just disable it in lvm.conf), rescan pv, vg, lv. make sure udev is creating the necessary hooks.

I'm not sure how to disable the cache. Here are my relevant settings in /etc/lvm/lvm.conf:

    # If set, the cache of block device nodes with all associated symlinks
    # will be constructed out of the existing udev database content.
    # This avoids using and opening any inapplicable non-block devices or
    # subdirectories found in the device directory. This setting is applied
# to udev-managed device directory only, other directories will be scanned # fully. LVM2 needs to be compiled with udev support for this setting to
    # take effect. N.B. Any device node or symlink not managed by udev in
    # udev directory will be ignored with this setting on.
    obtain_device_list_from_udev = 1

    # The results of the filtering are cached on disk to avoid
    # rescanning dud devices (which can take a very long time).
    # By default this cache is stored in the /etc/lvm/cache directory
    # in a file called '.cache'.
    # It is safe to delete the contents: the tools regenerate it.
    # (The old setting 'cache' is still respected if neither of
    # these new ones is present.)
    # N.B. If obtain_device_list_from_udev is set to 1 the list of
    # devices is instead obtained from udev and any existing .cache
    # file is removed.
    cache_dir = "/etc/lvm/cache"
    cache_file_prefix = ""

    # You can turn off writing this cache file by setting this to 0.
    write_cache_state = 1

And as expected based on my setting for obtain_device_list_from_udev, there is no /etc/lvm/cache directorypresent:

joey@akita ~ $ sudo nano -w /etc/lvm/lvm.conf
Mot de passe :
joey@akita ~ $ ls -al /etc/lvm/
total 68
drwxr-xr-x  5 root root  4096  7 oct.  14:12 .
drwxr-xr-x 74 root root  4096  9 oct.  11:21 ..
drwx------  2 root root  4096  8 oct.  22:21 archive
drwx------  2 root root  4096  8 oct.  22:21 backup
-rw-r--r--  1 root root 45697  9 oct.  17:27 lvm.conf
drwxr-xr-x  2 root root  4096  8 oct.  19:24 profile