Re: thin discards

As a pure matter of opinion, I enjoy "fat provisioning" on my filesystems, since I run a desktop and in theory it really cuts down on physical fragmentation.

Snapshots are something I use whenever I need to make a fundamental reconfiguration to the system as a whole that can't be done live, such as resizing or reconfiguring the root filesystem.

This would preclude the unquestionable usage of thin volumes.