Re: Fwd: file-based locking initialization failed after pvresize

Dne 31.5.2013 05:37, Christian Lahti napsal(a):
Sorry forgot to copy the list.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: *Christian Lahti* <clahti@gmail.com <mailto:clahti@gmail.com>>
Date: Thu, May 30, 2013 at 8:36 PM
Subject: Re:  file-based locking initialization failed after pvresize
To: matthew patton <pattonme@yahoo.com <mailto:pattonme@yahoo.com>>

Thank you for your reply, I realize that I must have done something rather
bone-headed and I am usually pretty clued.  That being said I am still in the
same pickle I was in to begin with, something constructive would be
fantastically appreciated.  If there were proper documentation *anywhere*
google-able I would not have bothered the mailing list.  I am pretty sure the
data must be in tact since this was done in single user mode and no writes to
the disk/volume have occurred since the two commands were run, I have /etc/lvm
in tact with information prior to and after the event.  If someone would be so
kind as to please let me know exactly what information they might need, I will
do my level best with minimum "back and forth" to provide such information to
get out of said pickle.  And I furthermore promise not to do it again.

I'm mostly convinced you've probably already made some irreparable damage to your disk data - since the story is usually - Data are intact - I've done only this and that :) - but anyway it's probably better trying to resolve this interactively on #lvm irc channel.

The easiest way is to restore to the previous version of your metadata,
just before you've started your pvresize command (which must have been loudly objecting to your command line options)

Also next time - when the tool is giving you WARNINGS - and you have no idea,
what it means - it's not a sign to go forward, but to STOP immediately...

Regards

Zdenek