Re: LVM snapshot with Clustered VG

Am 06.03.13 12:20, schrieb Vladislav Bogdanov:
I'm running corosync 1.4.2 (debian wheezy).
Which cluster manager interface does clvmd detect? corosync or openais?
You should use former, openais one is(was) using LCK service which is
very unstable.
It's using openais. I'm not too happy about the stability, so maybe I'd
switch to corosync now.
That could be the problem btw. I did neither test nor look at openais
module implementation in clvmd, because I had plenty problems with it
(actually with LCK under it) in the past, so I even forced to use
corosync (CPG) + dlm instead of detected openais (CPG+LCK) for older
systems (look at -I switch of clvmd).

And, openais is deprecated upstream, so I do not see any reason to use
it. Even gfs_controld (which is probably the only well-known user of
openais services) actually does not strictly require it, at least I was
able to port it to pure CPG+DLM with dlm4 on top of corosync2, which is
not compatible with openais plugins.

Also you may need quorum patch found in this list, it does its job well.

Could this be a reason for the x-lock failure as well?
You just answered the quirky question :-)

Unfortunately, corosync/dlm don't work for me as expected. When starting clvmd -I corosync (with dlm kernel module loaded), creating the dlm lockspace "clvmd" fails, with

dlm: no local IP address has been set
dlm: cannot start dlm lowcomms -107

I haven't found any hint what might go wrong on the machine (checked already hostname resolves correctly to its ip address via /etc/hosts; corosync uses that network too).

Regards
Andreas