Re: Snapshot causing segault

On 01/03/2013 05:18 AM, Zdenek Kabelac expounded in part:

So my question is: is creating the snapshot volume with a size larger than the target volume inducing segfaults randomly or could there be another problem lurking? If these weren't production machines I would normally just go with a size smaller than the target but I really need to be sure what exactly is
causing the segfaults.

Any help would be appreciated.

Any special reason to use lvm2 from the year 2006 in the year 2013 ?
There is no big point in fixing some particular bugs any many years obsoleted source code.

Can you try to use/rebuild more recent version?
Upgrading production systems can be expensive - hence the value of paid long term support contracts. I don't think he is asking to fix it - just to confirm that it is an LVM bug, which could make upgrading more attractive, or make the workaround (of ensuring snapshot size <= source size) acceptable.