Re: Getting 'incorrect semaphore state' on self configured server kernel

Dne 12.8.2012 17:31, Mark van Dijk napsal(a):
# lvcreate -L100M -n foobar -v array
/dev/array/foobar: not found: device not cleared
Aborting. Failed to wipe start of new LV.
semid 983040: semop failed for cookie 0xd4d19ee: incorrect
semaphore state Failed to set a proper state for notification
semaphore identified by cookie value 223156718 (0xd4d19ee) to
initialize waiting for incoming notifications.

I appreciate all help I can get.

I still haven't solved this.. who is willing to lend me a hand
please?

A diff -u of a working kernel config vs a non-working config would
possibly help.
--
Scott Merrilees

(I'm replying to a digest so sorry if the formatting is a bit off. I
disabled digests for now.)

Scott, thanks for your suggestion. I followed it, changed more settings
just for testing, and still can't get it to work without these errors.

So I tried to build a kernel, same version and same config on a
different distribution, this time I chose AlpineLinux. And lo, the
errors are not occurring there.

This makes me suspicious about Archlinux's udev version and/or methods,
but the question about why their own kernel doesn't have these issues
remains.

What to try next? Where to look?

Check you are not having set   CONFIG_UEVENT_HELPER_PATH in your kernel
(or preset on your system) - If I remember, there was a one Archlinux user
with very old kernel .config file which was just updated.

On modern udev based distro you should let udev to handle uevents.

Zdenek