Thin provisioning on a cluster

Hi all,

I sifted through the mailing list and wasn’t able to find if thin provisioning can be used with clustering, is anyone able to confirm?

I found a reference in the RHEL 6.3 beta docs saying thinp snapshots can’t be used when clustered so I’m not sure if this affects making thinly provisioned logical volumes. I was hoping to use lvm2 over my KVM cluster (one LV per VM, no shared volumes at all, PV’s using SRP) so I’m able to overcommit storage and keep it as close to bare metal as possible. Snapshots aren’t important at this stage.

Thanks for your time

-Matt