Re: Isolation of volume groups

On Mon, 28 May 2012, Bryn M. Reeves wrote:
On 05/28/2012 03:33 PM, Fredrik Tolf wrote:
Last night, one of the PVs in datvol had a transient SATA link
failure and popped in and out of existence for a little while,
which caused datvol and the LVs on it to fail. No permanent damage
seems to have occurred, though, so I'm not too worried about that.
I could bring datvol down and up again to make it work, so I guess
everything worked as should be expected.

Are the devices for ravol and datvol on the same SATA bus or controller?

Well, it's a bit mixed. The PVs in datvol are spread over two SATA controllers, one of which also controls the ravol drives. However, the drive that failed was on the controller which is not used by ravol, and the actual PV in ravol (there's only one) is an MD volume (a RAID 1 array), and MD itself never reported any errors.

--

Fredrik Tolf