Re: Resizing a logical volume which is mounted (at /home)

Kiran Rao wrote:
Thanks for the advice Jess.

Actually I am to blame for this. I did not properly understand the LVM
concept before doing this partitioning. I have lots of free space on
disk but that is *outside* the VG. Only later did I realize that the
whole point of having VGs is to have some free space *within* them!

Well that is easy then, if they free space is directly after your current PV, you can just extend the partition in the partition table then use PV resize to grow (cleaner but tricker),.

The Second thing "Easily" way you could do is create a new partition using the free space, then create a PV on that, then extend the volume group to also use that partition. Simplez

James