Cannot access logical volume (open count=1)

I'm truly sorry to bother the developers' list with this question, but I've searched and can't find an ansewr that works. A system crash seems to have corrupted something in my fedora system. I boot to a rescue CD and look thru LVM. The disk (sdb) has one vg and three lv's on it. Call the vg vg_xxx, the lv's are lv_boot (ext3, I believe), lv_swap (no fs) and lv_home (ext4). I can't fsck (e2fsck) lv_home or do anything else with it, LVM says it's open count=1 where the open count of the other two lv's is zero.

I can't find who has it open. /proc/mounts shows /dev/sdb1 mounted on /media/usb0, when I umount it (either by mount point or device) it disappears, but the lv still shows open, and as a result I am unable to do anything with it. lsof also shows nothing open that resembles this lv. I can inactivate the other two lvs in this vg, but not lv_home.

What can I do to fix this problem?