Re: Move pvmove questions Was: Need help with a particular use-case for pvmove.

On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 02:53:29PM -0500, Stirling Westrup wrote:
Okay, I've tried the dd_rescue method that was outlined for me, and it
failed, although not for any reasons inherent in the method. It seems
that what is wrong with my 'flakey' drive is not that it has bad
sectors, but that it has a tendency to heat up when used, and then
fail all operations until its cooled down.

you can try with http://www.gnu.org/software/ddrescue/ddrescue.html
instead of dd_rescue
make it use a logfile on a different device
when the source drive gets too hot let it rest awhile, then restart
using the log file.

L.

--
Luca Berra -- bluca@comedia.it