Re: CLVM and LV activation

aneesh vs wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 11:36 PM, Michael Smith <msmith@cbnco.com
When a CLVM cluster comes up, the LVs in the clustered volume
groups are "not available". I can use the heartbeat LVM resource to
trigger a "vgchange -aly", but I'm wondering if there's a way to
configure it to happen automatically. It'd make my cluster config
simpler.

If you are using clvm, you shouldn't wory about volume_list because clvm allows nodes to activate LVs in all nodes. Please check what is "locking_type" in lvm.conf . It should be 3 in RHEL5 so that when clvm starts it can enable all clustered VGs.

I'm using SLES11 SP1, but yes, locking_type is 3. There is no problem with clvm as far as I can tell - it just doesn't automatically mark the LVs as available. I have to run vgchange -ay to make them available. After that, they work.

Please note that cluster should be quorate for clvm to start fine.

Some of my clusters are two-node so quorum isn't possible. clvm is running with "-q 0", so I don't think it cares. (That's the default used by the clvm RA.)

Thanks,
Mike