Re: Corrupted LV after resize2fs crashed when adding new disk to LV

The gods of Linux must be watching over me . I shall never blaspheme against Linux again!

I had removed the new drive from the VG, then restored the VG (vgrestore) to an archived version created before I had added the drive to the PV. I then added the drive back to the VG (vgextend), extended the LV partition to the max (lvextend), then resized the LV (resize2fs). Oh, before I could do the resize, I had to run e2fsck, which praise the gods, ran successfully. As did the resize.

I re-ran e2fsck (with -f) and ir ran 100% successful and clean.

And then the piece de resistance - I mounted the LV and everything was as I orginally wanted. The old data was still there and valid, and the new size of the LV was the original + the new disk!!!!!

I don't know what I did to make this work. I all seems magical to me now. As with Stuart's below:

Disclaimer, I am (in no way, shape or form) an LV expert.

Thanks all.

ken

PS:

This is from Mozart's unfinished Requiem. If you watch the movie Amadeus, it is at the end right before he dies. I don't know Latin very well, but I think it has something to do with the burning flames of h*ll :-).