Re: mirror and snapshot incompatible

For production environment I guess I'll switch to md+lvm for mirroring so that I'll be able to safely snapshot the mirrored fs. I'll keep playing with devmapper mirror combined with snapshot (without lvm) and report if it misbehaves. So far it hasn't, but I only did some limited experiments. I hope some future version of lvm will add support for this combination.

   Yoav

Jonathan Brassow wrote:
No, there isn't a reason LVM prevents it, other than we haven't gotten to it yet. That being said... because we haven't gotten to it yet also means there probably hasn't been a whole lot of testing of such a configuration. Therefore, it's difficult to quantify the safety.

 brassow