Re: Volume group "vgs" not found

Hi All,

Does anyone know if lvm volumes won't be activated because of a different partition type other than 'lvm'? My disks that compose my lvm volumes are type 'EFI GPT (code ee)', instead of 'lvm' (code 8e) for the disk partition type.

The problem, in case, this doesn't make it into the correct thread, is that my lvm volume is not activated on boot. I can activate it normally, with the command 'vgchange -ay name', however, after the system is booted. I'm running Centos 4.

Also, is it possible to change the partition type of disks that comprise an lvm2 volume without causing problems to the data that is residing in the lvm2 volume?

thanks,

Eli