Re: the lvm shared storage question of the week

Our testing group has machines that use AOE. It works well with CLVM. However, they use their machines as a cluster. It seems to me that you want to carve up your storage, but you only want one machine to use each piece.

LVM manual briefly mentions CLVM (should apply equally well to debian):
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-5-manual/Cluster_Logical_Volume_Manager/index.html

You will want to come up to speed on the cluster infrastructure (at least the setup) if you want to use CLVM....

 brassow