Re: Backup of ROOT Partition.

Bryan Kadzban wrote:

Jean-Philippe Villeneuve wrote:
I would like to know if I can backup all my system partitions(ROOT included) using a snapshot?

Depends on what you mean by "backup [...] using a snapshot".

If you mean taking a snapshot, then mounting it somewhere and pointing
your backup software to that mount point, then unmounting and deleting
the snapshot after the backup is done, then yes, it should work fine.
This is exactly what I want to do. I just want the latest configuration, users files etc. I realy don't need files at a specific date with tons of backups.

Than you all for the fast and acurate answers.

Jean-Philippe