Re: Can LVM block I/O and hang a system?

Oh, this is good to know, but the peer was unattached during the initial hanging and when I fscked.

At 4:04 PM -0400 9/12/07, linux-lvm-request@redhat.com wrote:
please use drbd 8.0.6 with kernels that do not allow recursion in
generic_make_request, otherwise any lock is likely to be caused by this.

then, if there are still lockups, these may be caused by lvm, and may be
due to some similar problem, namely doing synchronous (housekeeping) io
from within the generic_make_request path within the same "thread".

For drbd mailing list readers, who didn't see the original message, the kernel version I am using is Gentoo 2.6.22-r3. (I don't know whether this will still be true of kernels after 22-r3.)
--

Maurice Volaski, mvolaski@aecom.yu.edu