Re: Ran vgreduce --missing to remove broken disk, am I screwed?

Thomas Novin wrote:

I had a disk that stopped working. After booting I could see with
pvdisplay
that the disk was missing. After reading everything I could find via
google
I thought that you were supposed to run 'vgreduce --remove-missing
volgrp0'
to remove the missing disk from the group.

After this the volume group looks OK but the entire logical volume got
removed! Am I screwed now or is there any way to salvage the data which is
on the remaining three disks?

Please someone answer this, is there any solution to this problem? To
clarify:

- Disk failure
- Ran 'vgreduce --remove-missing volgrp0' (probably not such a good idea)
- /dev/volgrp0/ emtpy. 'lvdisplay' doesn't show anything.

So, can I somehow restore my logical volume? The three other physical
disks/partitions are intact.

Thanks in advance,

Thomas Novin

You will probably be able to restore your config from a backup. Look in /etc/lvmconf . Or, look for files that may be backups of your configuration. You should be able to do some sort of vgcfgrestore command using a previous conf and get back to, at least, where you were before doing the remove.

Peter