RE: Re: LVM2 on hardware RAID

Thanks for the reply.

I would intend to do it offline. Not sure what you mean by dd in a shell.
Could you elaborate?

Do you mean, make a backup, drop and recreate the pv, vg, lv, and
filesystems, and recover backup?
I was hoping not to have to do this, kinda defeats the purpose.
I was trying to get away with managing all of my filesystems within lvm as
LV's, trying to keep the pv's as simple as possible.

William T. Musil
Manager, Technical Services

LabVantage Solutions, Inc.
1160 US Highway 22 East, Bridgewater, NJ 08807
p| 908.333.0111
f | 908.707.1179
e| wmusil@labvantage.com
i | www.labvantage.com

The information in this e-mail is confidential and may contain legally
privileged information. It is intended solely for the person or entity to
which it is addressed. Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorized.
If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution,
action taken, or action omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited
and may be unlawful. If you received this e-mail in error, please contact the