From: linux-lvm-bounces@redhat.com [mailto:linux-lvm-bounces@redhat.com]
On Behalf Of Philip Rhoades
Sent: Saturday, July 16, 2005 12:28 PM
To: LVM general discussion and development
Subject: Re:  lvm and reducing vols/ext3

Mark,

OK, but doesn't the same argument apply to non-root file systems? -
don't I still have to resize the file system as well as resizing the LV?

I can see that LVs might be quite convenient spread over multiple
physical drives but I can't see that much advantage on one drive . .

Thanks,

Phil.

On 2005.07.16 06:06, Post, Mark K wrote:
> I've always recommended not having the root file system on a logical
> volume.  For reasons other than this, but my advice still stands.
>

> Mark Post

Philip Rhoades

Pricom Pty Limited  (ACN 003 252 275  ABN 91 003 252 275)
GPO Box 3411
Sydney NSW	2001
Australia
Mobile:  +61:(0)411-185-652