how to change uuid of a PV?

How to change a PV uuid in LVM?

One among three hard disks constituting a LVM logical volume has failed.
When trying boot without the broken hard disk, following error message come out.
Couldn't find uuid with 'c3r7Sx-aTpd-JHFp-iT3c-FOiK-g7JC-uj10VK'

And I found another PV uuid '7I7F4S-pzze-dgjr-0HKP-ccX4-qG1d-SOu2ki' from a new hard disk.

I think the PV uuid is recorded in somewhere of LVM config so that we typed pvdisplay, it comes out.
Now, I think if I can change the PV uuid from 'c3r7Sx-...' into '7I7F4S-...' in LVM, I can manage to boot and to recover data from the two still-healthy hard disks.

How can I change the PV uuid information recorded in the LVM? or Where are the PV uuids recorded?

Sincerely,

Hyun-Chul Kim

Computational Cell Biology Laboratory
Department of Biosystems
Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology
Yusung-Gu, Taejon 305-333
Republic of Korea