Re: grub and lvm

On Mon, 2005-06-06 at 09:50 -0700, rich turner wrote:
> using a partition works fine. but i am trying to understand why i can't
> write my grub bootloader to a disk that is being used as a physical
> volume. is grub and lvm using the same part of the disk for its own use?

Yes.  Grub uses the same sectors as are used by the partition table.
So, even if this 'limitation' were removed, you wouldn't get even one
sector of extra space.

Have fun (if at all possible),
--
The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they
be properly armed.  -- Alexander Hamilton