LVM wedged after stopping some pvmove's

I was in the middle of doing pvmove for all my lv's which resided on two
disks, that were being moved to a newly created raid5 pv.

Things got all crappy, and now I get this:

~# pvmove --abort -v
    Finding all volume groups
    Finding volume group "swissdisk_1"
  VG swissdisk_1 metadata too large for circular buffer
  ABORTING: Failed to write new data locations to disk.
  VG swissdisk_1 metadata too large for circular buffer
  ABORTING: Failed to write new data locations to disk.

I'm unable to recover from this. Is there any way to forcefully remove the
failed pv's? Perhaps clean this up? I can do nothing with this vg until
this is resolved, and I cannot lose the data on the volumes.

--
Debian     - http://www.debian.org/
Linux 1394 - http://www.linux1394.org/