To: "LVM general discussion and development" <linux-lvm@redhat.com>
Sent: Monday, February 28, 2005 4:38 PM
Subject: Re: Having duplicate PV problems,think there's a bug in LVM2 md component detection

On Mon, Feb 28, 2005 at 03:39:59PM -0500, Ron Watkins wrote:
Yes, I have two PVs with the same UUID. The problem is that these PVs are COMPONENTS OF an MD device. So when pvcreate writes its superblock to md0, it gets mirrored onto all the components of md0. Later runs elicit much complaining because /dev/hda and several /dev/sd devices now have the 'same' UUID. They're SUPPOSED to, they're components of a RAID.

LVM is supposed to detect this situation and not do that, but it doesn't seem to be working for me.

i wonder if it is a problem with largefile access ?!?
which version of lvm2 are you using?
does debian patch it?
can you try stracing it an look for seeks, so we can see if it is
wrapping around somewhere?

L.

--
Luca Berra -- bluca@comedia.it