Troubles with 2.6.10 kernel, lvm and megaraid

Hello.

I have troubles with an host running mandrake 10.1, hardware raid with megaraid driver, and lvm. The setup works fine with initial configuration, using a 2.6.8 kernel, but we recently tried to switch to 2.6.10 as we're facing some unknown lock issues. Now the lvm doesn't work anymore, and stop at boot with this message:

device-mapper ioctl cmd 0 failed: Inappropriate ioctl for device

Apparently, something changed either in the megaraid driver (I am still using the legacy one) or the device mapper. I didn't attempted yet to backport user-spaces tools such as lvm and libdevice-mapper, as I'm trying to minimise support calls for rebooting the machine).

Any advice ?--
Divide the number of servings by two when reading the directions for reconstituting anything freeze-dried
-- Murphy's Laws of Camping n°16