Re: Moving a PV to a new, larger, disk.

  Is it possible to use dd/dd_rescue to simply copy a PV to a new disk
  that is slightly (16MiB)larger?

  The old pv is on /dev/hdb1 and the new disk is /dev/hdc and is
  unpartitioned so far. How would I proceed to make this work?

  This might seem odd to do as I could perhaps use pvmove, but pvmove
  requires the whole vg to be present in the system, right?

Why not back it up to stable media and restore it (or do the move on the same day you make your normal image backups). That way if anything goes wrong you can just say a few words and start the restore over...

-- Steven Lembark 2930 W. Palmer Workhorse Computing Chicago, IL 60647 +1 888 359 3508