2.4 LVM1 devfs -> 2.6.0 LVM2 devfs

Hi Patrick,

I have a full ("/" is also a logical volume) LVM1 2.4 devfs system, and I want to test the LVM2 2.6 devfs kernel.

I want to have the possibility to boot the 2.4 or the 2.6 kernel with the same filesystems.

You say "lvm-common will detect whether you have device-mapper or LVM1 in the kernel and use the appropriate LVM tools". What is lvm-common ? And if lvm-common can use the appropriate LVM tools how to install the LVM1 and LVM2 tools in the same filesystem ("same" binaries)

Best regards.

Francis