Re: lvm support

Little, Chris wrote:
Is snapshot now unsupported?  Or am I asking the wrong questions or
directing to the wrong place.  since it is an option to lvcreate and the
maintainer lists sistina, i thought this would be the place to ask
questions.

Can't speak for sistina... but I do agree with your prior comments about it being buggy and unreliable. In simple scenarios it seems to work ok... but we had to use link-farm style solution instead in order to make our disk based backup cache work. Your (well I asuume you had this too) out of memory condition can be somewhat handled I believe with a larger memory initrd.... but it's a temporary fixup at best.... we started running out of memory again.. just took longer.

Running SUSE 8.2 with 6TB of disk backup area.