LVM backup server

I followed the LVM HOW-TO to install and configure LVM on a Linux server. I defined a single volume group, a single logical volume, and about 14 separate physical extents on a SAN. It works fine.

My question is, what steps need to be done beyond the initial rpm install and activation to configure LVM on a second server that will only be used for backup if the first server goes down. I don’t want to do anything that would wipe out any data on the logical volume, but I want the volume group and logical volume to be defined exactly as the original server has them defined.

It seems I should NOT do any pvcreates. Can I just do the vgcreate, followed by the lvcreate, skip doing the mk2fs, and do the mount of the logical volume?

Thanks,

George Campbell

Bus-Tech, Inc.