Re: Problems with initrd for LVM2 on 2.6.0-test8 and -test9 kernels.. .

On Wed, Oct 29, 2003 at 09:26:14AM -0600, Weber, Geoffrey M. wrote:
  library).    As   soon  as  I  try  to  use  LILO  or  GRUB  with  the
  "root=/dev/vg00/root" or "root=3f00" (device major and minor numbers),
  my  machine  hangs  after  "Uncompressing  Linux...  Ok,  booting  the
  kernel.".
could you give us some more details about your setup, including actual
lines from your configuration.

  I  have  also tried (unsuccessfully) to use an initrd image I found on
  the 'net at [1]http://www.comedia.it/~bluca/cooker/lvm2/

There is no initrd image at that location. What you find there is modified Mandrake rpm to support lvm2 in Mandrake Linux 9.2/cooker, and has not been tested with anything different than that.

  to  see  what  I  could find out. When trying to use the Busybox "ash"
  command  inside  the  modified evms initrd image, however, the machine
  doesn't halt and give me a shell at all but keeps booting.
i saw this problem as well, i don't know if it is caused by some device
file missing in the initrd image or what.

L.

--
Luca Berra -- bluca@comedia.it
       Communication Media & Services S.r.l.