Re: LV only detected when using "lvscan -D" on amd64 kernel

Heinz J . Mauelshagen wrote:

Felix,

this definitely looks like a 64bit ioctl related problem.
I don't have the equipment to test here so help (is external access to
your machine possible ?) is needed.

Hi,

i could setup external access to the machine, but be aware that it consists of a chroot'ed 64bit hacked-together debian, so compiling something with 64bit isn't any fun at all. The 32bit userspace however is fine.

I tried to compile the lvmtools as 64bit, but the result didn't change. are there any points where i can put some debug printfs/printks in the sources to work out where it fails? I never looked at the LVM internals, so i don't know what happens where. Does the kernel space reads and parses the metadata? Or does the userspace parses it and passes it to the kernel?

Felix