Re: FYI: Going back to LVM1 from LVM2

AJ Lewis wrote:

If device nodes are missing, vgmknodes should help in LVM1.

I didn't know that, but I had the opportunity to test it, as the /dev/f2/f2 LV went missing again after a reboot. vgmknodes reported success, but mount still did not find the node until after a vgchange -an / vgchange -ay combo. Weird.

As I mentioned earlier, I did install and run LVM2 on this machine before going back to LVM1 (even going back and forth a few times) and I suppose it's possible that this changed something in the metadata that LVM1 didn't like.

   / Rickard Olsson,IT-Konsult/
  / Telefon: +46 70 635 01 42/
 / http://www.webhackande.se/