Re: pvscan showing 0 free on all PV's.

Tupshin Harper wrote:

If you are using reiserfs, jfs, or xfs, you are probably out of luck, as these filesystems don't currently support reduction.

resize_reiserfs shrinks or grows reiserfs3 filesystems.

http://www.namesys.com/resize_reiserfs.html

[evidence type=anecdotal] I have used it to grow and shrink my reiserfs filesystems on many occasions for several years with no problems whatsoever. [/evidence] I typically use ext3 on the / and /boot partitions and LVM with Reiser on all large storage areas, like /home and /files. This is specifically because it is easy to change the sizes of the filesystems and handle the disks - move them around and so on.

   / Rickard Olsson,IT-Konsult/
  / Telefon: +46 70 635 01 42/
 / http://www.webhackande.se/