re[2]: [linux-lvm] Re: Re: Sharing LVM's via NFS on Redhat 8.0 Part2 - SAMBA?

 >>  I have some data on logical volumes that are shared via NFS and I
 >>  haven't seen any problems, but now that you have asked the question I'm
 >>  starting to wonder if I'm putting that data at risk without even being
 >>  aware of it....

It depends on your client load, not LVM.

nfs is not a particularly good back-end for database applications.  There can be cache-coherency issues.

Oracle in particular only has a very limited number of NFS servers that it certifies as a back-end for Oracle clusters (i.e. RAC).

The not yet released NFS 4.0 is supposed to resolve the cache coherency issue, but I'm no expert.

Greg Freemyer