[linux-lvm] Severe problem: data lost while adding a partition

Hello all,

I write to you with a rather grave problem. I have a small LVM setup at home, consisting of 4 partitions. These were created by the Mandrake 8.2 installation system. After deciding to upgrade the system to Mandrake 9.0, I found out that I had another partition lying around which was also prepared for LVM use. I had meant for that disc to use later on in a different scheme for my /usr partition but never got around to do it.
However, during installation I decided to add it to the LVM. The idea was that I would extend the FS later (of course, I was not going to involve this LVM setup in the rest of the installation, I would do all that manually.)

But as you probably guessed, something went horribly wrong during install time and my LVM setup is properly hosed. I wanted to re-create the setup, but alas: I forgot which was the disk that I added.

The name of the LV (there was only 1) was home, the disks involved were /dev/hda1, /dev/hda[4-6].

Output of pvscan:
pvscan -- reading all physical volumes (this may take a while...)
pvscan -- walking through all physical volumes found
pvscan -- inactive PV "/dev/ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part1" is associated to an unknown VG (run vgscan)
pvscan -- inactive PV "/dev/ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part4" is associated to an unknown VG (run vgscan)
pvscan -- inactive PV "/dev/ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part5" is associated to an unknown VG (run vgscan)
pvscan -- inactive PV "/dev/ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part6" is associated to an unknown VG (run vgscan)
pvscan -- inactive PV "/dev/ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part7" is associated to an unknown VG (run vgscan)
pvscan -- total: 5 [1.97 GB] / in use: 5 [1.97 GB] / in no VG: 0 [0]

output of vgscan:
vgscan -- reading all physical volumes (this may take a while...)
vgscan -- "/etc/lvmtab" and "/etc/lvmtab.d" successfully created
vgscan -- WARNING: This program does not do a VGDA backup of your volume group

output of pvdisplay /dev/hda1 (this partition belonged to the LV for sure)
pvdisplay -- getting physical volume size
--- Physical volume ---
PV Name /dev/ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part1
VG Name home
PV Size 399.62 MB / NOT usable 3.62 MB [LVM: 121.00 KB]
PV# 1
PV Status NOT available
Allocatable yes (but full)
Cur LV 1
PE Size (KByte) 4096
Total PE 99
Free PE 0
Allocated PE 99
PV UUID NCf9U6-nqVy-zn3K-upFo-S0PB-SFqb-o2ERjs

If you need any further information, please let me know!
I do hope you can help me with this, since I stand to loose a lot of personal data, of which exists no backup (of course, you guys probably hear this all the time).

Best regards,

Sander Alberink