Re: Asus Nuvoton NCT6791D Fans not detected.....no expected fix?

On Mon, Apr 27, 2015 at 03:07:13PM +0100, Another Sillyname wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have an Asus motherboard with the NCT6791D chip and the dreaded ACPI
> memory address conflict in DMESG.

What exactly is your problem ? The ACPI memory conflict, or something else ?
NCT6791D is supported by Linux, so presumably that is not the problem.

> I've read around and googled extensively and I just want to confirm
> that there's currently no likelyhood of this chip being supported for
> fan detection speeds in the near term?

ASUS doesn't support Linux on their consumer boards, so it is quite unlikely
that the situation will change, at least not if it is an ASUS specific problem.

Guenter