Re: Kernel Panic when running sensors on new CentOS kernel (3.10.0-229.1.2)

On 4/8/2015 11:52 AM, Guenter Roeck wrote:
On Wed, Apr 08, 2015 at 11:27:05AM -0700, Guenter Roeck wrote:
 On Wed, Apr 08, 2015 at 11:03:18AM -0700, Mark Hansen wrote:

[ ... ]

 I would guess that some patch from a later kernel version was back-ported,
 but is missing a critical part. Do you know if the source code for that kernel
 is available somewhere ?

Never mind, I found the source and had a look. It turns out that the
hardware monitoring code in drivers/gpu/drm/radeon/radeon_pm.c (which
is what affects you) is broken in 7.1. You might want to open a case
with the CentOS community (or possibly Fedora / Redhat).

Guenter

Guenter,

Thanks for the quick look. I've had a question posted to the CentOS 7.x forum since the weekend
but not much response there. I can see if I can figure out how to open the case with the CentOS
team. Is there any way you can provide me with what I'll need to tell them, so they know what
is broken, or do you think the information I provided in my initial e-mail here will be enough?

Thanks again,