hwmon_device_register compatibility with lm-sensors

Hi,
I'm using "hwmon_device_register_with_groups" to register with hwmon to show be2net's on-die temperature. I'm successful in doing it and the node is also visible at "/sys/class/hwmon/hwmon1/temp1_input" and lm-sensors  (sensors command) also shows the temperature.

However I'm not sure if a kernel doesn't support "_groups" version of the api, how do I register with hwmon so that it is compatible with lm-sensors.

For example, in kernels where "_groups" is not supported. I'm doing the following to register with hwmon

1.       sysfs_create_group

2.       hwmon_device_register
The above calls are creating "temp1_input" node at "/sys/class/hwmon/hwmon1/device/temp1_input" and sensors command is not showing the temperature.

Please let me know if I'm missing anything.

Thanks,
Venkat.