Re: hwmon: ntc_thermistor: Add another ntc(epcos) to the driver

On 06/29/2014 07:23 AM, Jan Kardell wrote:
Johannes Pointner skriver:
As I saw in the latest patches for the ntc_thermistor, in which as
part of the patch the module description changed to :

MODULE_DESCRIPTION("NTC Thermistor Driver from Murata");

I wanted to know if it is intended to extend the driver for further
manufacturers like in my case for an epcos ntc in the future?

Of course I would create the necessary patch.

Thanks,
Hannes

Why not move the table to DT? There are lots of NTC types out there, and each type comes in an number of varietes. IMHO it seems impractical to change the code for each one, and the tables would grow to be very large.

I would not mandate it, but I would he happy to accept a patch.

Guenter